Electro-Wind Limited (The Company) only do business upon the following Conditions of Sale, all orders are accepted and executed on the understanding that these Conditions are incorporated into a contract with a customer to the exclusion of any conditions which the Customer seeks to impose.
1. Prices. All orders will be invoiced at prices ruling at the date of despatch and where applicable VAT will be added to the invoice.
2. Order Value. Orders must be for no less than £15.00 nett (ex VAT) in value, carriage will be charged on orders below £350.00 nett (ex VAT). Postage is FREE for all orders over £350 is on a 2-3 day delivery basis, when posted to a mainland UK address and not listed as an exception. Please see below.
You can upgrade to next day service for £10.00 per pallet, purchase orders placed before 14.30pm on a working day will be dispatched same day if so required.
Please note: Carrier charges may apply depending on Postcode, see below for your information.
Postage costs and free postage assume delivery to one mainland UK address, with the following exceptions:
International, Non-Mainland UK including outlying Islands & certain postal zones.
There is an additional charge on a pallet to the below locations therefore these are TBA: Southern Ireland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Wales, the South-West England, Scilly Isles & the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, inner London, Scotland & Scottish Highlands. Price for delivery to these destinations will be quoted individually, so please call or email for a quote before placing your order. Prices do not include VAT which is chargeable at the current rate.
3. Order Acceptance. All Orders are accepted subject to Electro-wind’s Term & Conditions. No contract for the supply of goods will be created by the acceptance of a quotation or by an order by the Customer until the Seller acknowledges such acceptance in writing.
4. Delivery and Damages. Every attempt will be made to meet specifically quoted delivery times when requested in writing. Items will be sent using the most suitable method for the goods ordered. Our goods are inspected prior to packaging for damages, so should reach you in perfect condition. In the rare instance that an item appears damaged, you must report any damages or shortfalls within 24 hours of the receipt of the parcel to our Customer Services department. We cannot accept claims for damaged items once 24 hours has passed.
While we appreciate that the person who signs for the parcel may not be the person who ordered it, we advise you to instruct all other people or staff who may sign for parcels or our 24 hour condition.
In all instances, we will ask for photographs of any damages, so please do not be offended if we ask you. This is a requirement from our couriers to support any damage claims.
If you suspect your goods may be damaged, or the packaging appears damaged, please sign ‘unchecked’ when signing for your delivery.
We are not able to offer a delivery service to below excluded locations:
Excluded Locations: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Scilly Isles, Isle of Wight, Europe, Oceania, Southeast Asia, North Amerrica, South America, Central America and Caribbean, Asia, Middle East, Africa, PO Box.
4.1 Period For Delivery. The period for delivery starts from the date on which the Company receives and accepts the official order, and whilst it will do its utmost to effect delivery in the time stated, it can accept no contingent or consequential liability in the event of failure to do so, nor any penalty unless specifically contracted in writing.
5. Goods Returned For Credit. Goods returned for credit must be of the Company’s current specification, undamaged and with packaging intact. The Company will only accept them back after obtaining a returns number, issued by Goods inward.
6. Cancelled Orders. Orders will only be considered cancelled by the Company after written agreement on mutually satisfactory terms.
7. Claims against Carriers. The Company will not be responsible for any delay occasioned by carriers after despatch from the Company’s works. Any damage or shortages must be notified in writing, to the Company, within 24 hours of receipt of goods. In the case of non-delivery, claims must be made within seven days from receipt of invoice.
NO CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES WILL BE CONSIDERED IF GOODS HAVE BEEN CHECKED AND SIGNED FOR AS IN GOOD CONDITION, THEY MUST BE SIGNED AS DAMAGED OR REFUSED.
8. Payment Terms. First orders or where accounts have not been approved, payment required on Pro-Forma basis. For order values of £10,000.00 or more, staged payments will be required. Payment is due by the end of the 30th day from the date of sale, unless agreed in writing.
The Company reserves the right to charge interest at 2.5% over the Bank of England minimum lending rate, during the time the account remains unpaid. Without prejudice to the above, in the event of payment not being received by the due date all monies owing to the Company under this or any other contracts shall become payable immediately.
Pending such payment the Company reserves the right to suspend performance of any obligation to the Customer. Settlement discounts are available by negotiation.
8.1. The above terms of payment are based upon the customer taking delivery of the goods on notification of their readiness for despatch. Where we are unable, by reason of your instructions or lack of instructions, to deliver the goods, within 14 days of our notifying you of our readiness to despatch, then payment shall become due as if the goods had been despatched, and all charges relating to storage and insurance until actual despatch will be charged to your account.
9. Retention of Title. Up on delivery been made, title will not pass to the customer until payment for the goods have been made in full and no other sums, what so ever shall be due to the Company from the Customer. Failure to pay the full amount when due shall give the Seller the right to repossess the goods (and to enter the
Customer’s premises for that purpose if necessary) with or without notice and without liability and at its option to avail itself of any other legal remedy: The Seller shall have the right to sell the Goods once they have been repossessed under this condition.
10. Risk and Title.
(a) Risk shall pass to the Customer on delivery and the Customer should insure accordingly.
(b) Title in any goods supplied by the Company shall not pass to the Customer until the Company has received payment in full for all such goods and no other sums, what so ever, shall be due to us from the customer.
(c) Until such payment is received the Customer shall, if so requested, store the goods in such a way that they can be clearly identified as the property of the Company.
(d) If before title in the goods has passed to the Customer he re-sells the same, such a resale shall be treated as a sale by the Customer as Agent for the Company and the Customer shall be liable to account to the Company for the proceeds of all such sales. Upon paying all his indebtedness to the Company the Customer shall be entitled to retain the balance (if any) of such proceeds as his agreed commission on the sales.
(e) The proceeds of the sale goods by the Customer when acting as Agent for the Company shall be placed in a separate bank account expressly
for the benefit of the Company.
(f) The Company undertakes that in the event of his selling any goods and not receiving the proceeds thereof he will if so requested by the Company transfer to the Company all rights of recovery he may have against the purchaser. The Company undertakes to the Customer for any sums received from sub-purchaser in excess of the amounts due by the Customer to the Company.
(g) If the Customer makes default in payment or if for any reason the Company treats this Contract as dis-charged the Company shall be entitled to enter the Customer’s premises and to repossess it’s goods.
11. Defects and Guarantee. No. Claims for faulty materials or workmanship will not be considered if modifications or repairs to the goods have not been effected other than by the Company.
12.General. These conditions apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller and supersede any previous Conditions of Sale published by the Seller. No additions or modifications to our terms and conditions inconsistent with these Conditions shall be binding upon the Seller unless expressly agreed by the Seller in writing.
All brochures, catalogues, price lists and other advertising or descriptive material submitted to the Customer are intended to be approximate only and to give a general impression of the goods. Unless expressly incorporated the same shall not form part of the Contract. The Seller reserves the right to make minor alterations to the design specification or construction of the Goods without prior notification to the Customer.
Under no circumstances will the Seller be liable for technical information, recommendations, statements or advice (hereinafter together referred to as “information” whether oral or in writing furnished by the Seller before contract of sale is made, where information is given in reliance on information published or provided by an independent company or person.
12.1 Electro-Wind Ltd shall in no case be liable for loss of or damage to any premises, stocks or other property or for loss of profits or for any legal liability of the customer to a third party or any other form of consequential loss whether alleged to be due to breach of contract, negligence or any other head of legal liability. Customer should therefore check that their own property and liability insurances cover risks from electrical and other equipment supplied by Electro-Wind Ltd and for contract work carried out by them on the customer’s site or premises.
13 Disclaimer: Electro-Wind reserves the right to change the contents of this catalogue without prior notice and accept no responsibility for the information presented within this website.
This does not form part of an agreement or contract to supply services or goods. Electro-Wind reserves all rights relating to this website and unauthorised use of its contents are forbidden.